Saturday, March 8, 2008

Everyone Needs One

Sliding down snow on Mt Lemmon.

Sam has been dog sitting at a friend’s house this last week and boy have we noticed her absence! Having her home to talk to, tease, bounce ideas off or just smile takes up more of my time than I imagined. This is without even mentioning the help she provides. My showers were harder this week because she wasn't here to take Eva in the afternoon. Craig occupied the kids while dinner was prepared instead of taking turns helping me and watching them. Everyone thought we were nuts for taking in a teenager, but I am just wondering if we can live without her. She has definitely become my friend, helper and an integral member of this family.

Sam has grown so much in the last couple of years. She is now an avid cyclist, fluent in sign language, on the road to graduating in 3 years, taking college classes and in general becoming quite the confident, generous, loving woman. With all the clubs, classes and teenage events she has she still takes the time to help out, sit and talk and keep us in her life. I was told you look at a teenager’s life, but are not a part of it....she does do a good job of keeping us in (or at least making it seem like it!)

No comments: